Attentions all artsy-craftsy, handy-dandy, small-businessy, entrepreneurial, foodie-type folks: The 2017 Cherry Fair is now open to vendor signups.
Sign up early, and recruit your friends and family to join in the fun and come visit your booth.
Food vendors needed:
This year, our Cherry Fair opens at 8am, a little earlier than we have before, and there will be extra people attending due to the solar eclipse taking place that weekend.
- Breakfast foods – We open at 8am this year. Handheld goodies work great.
- Light lunchy foods – Leftovers are rare, and we’ll have extra attendees this year.
- Kettle Corn – Because every fair needs kettle corn.
- Cherry pies and cherry treats of all kinds – vendors sell out in the first hour every year.
Thank you for the following Vendors who have already signed up!
- Cove Honey – Maureen K.
- Lazy Lizard Designs (Handcrafted Silver Jewelry) – Jeanie Z. Paparazzi Jewelry & Accessories – Ann D.
- Quail Crossing Studio (Original art, prints) – Becky L.
- Demarle at Home (Baking ware) – Melinda H.
- Shelter from the Storm (Kids crafts) – Ritter W.
- Paparazze Jewlery & Accessories – Ann D.
- LuLaRoe Clothing – Heather T.
- Something for Every Body (handcrafted soaps, bath bombs, lotions, etc.) – Carolyn R.
Last updated 5/3/17
Not on the list yet?
As vendors are confirmed, we will post them on this page. If you sent your packet in and don’t see yourself listed, please call 541-805-8563 or send email to Cindy Edwards.
Want to receive a vendor packet or join the vendor email list?
- Download and complete the Cove Cherry Fair Cherry Fair Vendor Registration 2017.
- Send in the completed application and payment as directed on the form.
- Watch for confirmation of receipt within 2 weeks from mailing date.
- Questions? Contact Cindy Edwards at (541) 805-8563 or send email to Cindy.
How set-up works:
- You will be notified by email of your assigned vendor space(s) at least 3 days before Cherry Fair day.
- We will have your vendor spaces marked and ready for set-up by noon on the day before the Cherry Fair. We’ll have map handy, too.
- You may set up your booth (at least the equipment) on Friday.
Note: We are not responsible for any valuables left unattended overnight.
- You may drive onto the fairgrounds to set up at either entrance:
– South of Founders Hall near the corner of Hwy 237 and Church Street.
– Cove Sportsman Club on Hwy 237 west of the fairgrounds at Ascension School.
- On arrival, look for your assigned space(s) number painted on the ground.
– Can’t find your space? A Cherry Fair volunteer will be available to help.
– Go to your space and set up.
- Parking is free, but very limited.
– Vendor parking is on the south lawn near Hwy 237, between the fence and Taylor, French, and Paddock Halls.
– One vehicle per vendor is permitted in the vendor parking area.
- Prepare to break down at 4pm, and vacate the property by 6pm.
Tips for success:
- Sign up early to get the best spaces and best chance for having special requests met.
- If you are last-minute sign-up (7 days or fewer to fair day), call Cindy at 541-805-8563.
- Keep a copy of the Vendor/Venue Package you sent in for registration.
- First time vending? Do a practice set-up at home to make sure you have all of the equipment and supplies you need to be productive and comfortable for an 8-hour day.
- Shade is limited, so bring a canopy to keep yourself and your goods cool and comfy.
- Speaking of comfy, bring a chair, too. Eight hours is a full day, and you will need to give your feet and knees a break now and then.
- Keep your products and the vendor area clean. Consider bringing a small waste basket (maybe even some wet wipes or paper towels) so your customers don’t have to walk away from your booth to toss snack wrappers.
- You can leave your things overnight if you set up on Friday.* Please make sure your area is protected from the weather and your items are reasonably secured.
- Think of your vendor spaces as including the few feet in front of your booth — the space that will be occupied by customers, whom you want to keep in your selling space as long as you can.
- Bring plenty of extra change. There are no banks or ATMs in Cove.
- Accepting multiple types of currency (cash, check, and credit/debit) means that more people can buy.
- Most important: Have fun with a lot of great people!
*Cherry Fair, Cove Community Association, and Ascension School are not responsible for the loss or theft of any items left unattended. Thankfully, Cove is a pretty safe and honest community.