The Cove Public Library has served the Cove community since 1895, and is owned and operated by the all-volunteer Cove Library Improvement Club. Members volunteer their time and talents serve as librarians and maintain the library.
In 1909 a major Cove fire destroyed the library building and all books except those out on loan. The library relocated to the Cove City Hall and was again destroyed by fire in 1921. Through community fundraising activities and volunteer efforts, construction on the current building was completed in 1923. Our library is here today due to community support and the dedicated librarians who worked with little or no pay.
In recent years, extensive improvements have been made to the library building and public services, including:
- Wireless Internet access
- Pioneer Library System access (borrow from over 70 libraries in Eastern Oregon)
- Expanded collection of children and adult books
- Audio books and video materials
- Remodeled library space for additional books
- Cove History Center (located in the rear of the library)
Library Hours & Contact Information
- Hours: 10am to 5pm, every Tuesday and Thursday
606 Main Street
Cove, OR 97824
- Phone: (541) 568-5001
Cove Library Improvement Club
The Cove Library Improvement Club, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was formed in 1912.
- Annual Membership is by $5 donation (tax deductible) to support library operations.
- Memberships are up for renewal in December of each year.
We always welcome donations, as well as volunteer help with librarian duties, special projects, and our annual book sale. The Cove Library Improvement Club meets on the second Monday of each month at 1:30pm.