We’re getting an early start this year and welcome everyone’s participation in our annual Cherry Fair T-Shirt Design Contest.
Any Cove resident may compete and the winning design will be selected by Cove residents.
This is your opportunity to be involved in the process of presenting and selecting the winning design for this year’s Cove Cherry Fair T-Shirt. T-shirts from the years 2000 to 2015 will be on display at the Cove Library.
The contest will run during the month of March with artwork samples to be turned in by April 1st at the latest. Yes, we mean April Fools Day! and not a moment later.
Please submit your designs at the Cove School Office or at the Cove Library, or call Betsy Arnson on April Fool’s Day if you’re a last-minute Charlie.
The winning design will be chosen by the Community via e-ballots and paper ballots that will place around Cove in April.
ART CONTEST RULES
- Please use art/watercolor or poster paper – a 9” by 12” page – and submit a pencil drawing that is clearly outlined or filled in with ink, color pencil, art pens and so forth. Use no more than 3 or 4 different colors.
- Drawings are to be done “free-hand” with no “Clip-art” allowed.
- Your artwork should represent the basic event while still conveying the historic and entertaining aspect of the event. “It’s fun to go to the Fair!”
- The final design will be printed on the front of several shirt colors so try to use basic or clear presentation form and colors.
- Use legible writing in your design – block, print or cursive – and include the following information: (what) * 2016 COVE CHERRY FAIR *; (when) * August 20th 2016 *; and (where) * COVE, OREGON *
- Please print your contact information on the backside of your design: name, (school grade or age if applicable), phone number and address.
- Please include your name or initials in the bottom right corner design.
Questions or concerns? Contact Betsy Arnson, 541-568-4902